Registrar of Voters
|Registrar of Voters (Rep)||Theresa Brasco||203-222-2686 (option 1)||email@example.com|
|Registrar of Voters (Dem)||Laura Smits||203-222-2686 (option 2)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dep. Registrar (Rep)||Lisa Flanagan|
REGISTRAR OF VOTERS
PLEASE NOTE: No primaries will be held in Weston on August 9, 2016.
The website will be updated soon with important dates for the November 8, 2016 General Election.
· The Registrar of Voters Office is located in the Town Clerk's Office in Weston Town Hall. The Registrars do not have regular office hours but may be reached by voice mail or email at (203)222-2686 or email@example.com.
Voter Registration Requirements:
· Must be a U.S. citizen.
· Must be a resident of Weston.
· Must be at least 18 years of age on or before the November 8, 2016 election.
· Must have completed containment and parole if previously convicted of a felony.
· Must be registered as either a Republican or a Democrat to participate in party primaries in Connecticut.
As of May 2, 2016 there were 6,270 voters registered in Weston.
Voter Registration Information:
Registration forms are available in the Town Clerk’s office Monday - Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm. Applicants can register in person or mail the form back to Town Hall at 56 Norfield Road, Weston, CT 06883, Attention: Registrar of Voters. Forms are also available at the Weston Library and the Department of Motor Vehicles. Applicants may also register online HERE if they have a Connecticut DMV-issued id.
GENERAL ABSENTEE BALLOT INFORMATION
TO VOTE ABSENTEE: Any qualified registered voter may vote absentee ONLY if unable to vote in person due to:
· Illness or physical disability
· Absence from town during all voting hours
· Religious beliefs which forbid secular activity on election or primary day
· Active U.S. military service
To receive an absentee ballot, a voter must fill out an absentee ballot application either in Weston Town Hall or download an absentee ballot form and return to Town Hall for processing either in person or by mail: 56 Norfield Road, Weston, CT 06883.
If you have an unexpected illness or physical disability within six days before the polls close on Election Day, you can still vote. Please call the Town Clerk’s office (203) 222-2616 for more information.
If you find you can vote in person after having voted by absentee ballot, you must go to the Town Clerk’s office before noon on Election Day to request the withdrawal of your absentee ballot. The Town Clerk will issue a signed statement to present to the election Moderator at the polling place so you may vote in person.