|Tax Collector||Cathleen McLellan||203 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Assistant Tax Collector||Irene Nohavecemail@example.com|
The Tax Collector works closely with the Tax Assessor's Office. If you have questions about your tax bill, call the Tax Collector. If you have questions about your assessment and how your tax is calculated, call the Assessor (203) 222-2606.
Tax bills are sent out the third week in June.
One half of the Real Estate and Personal Property tax is due and all of the Motor Vehicle tax is due July 1 of each year.
The second half of the Real Estate and Personal Property tax as well as the Supplemental Motor Vehicle tax is due January 1 of each year.
The only bills mailed in December are the Supplemental Motor Vehicle bills.
The Town of Weston charges 1 1/2% interest per month calculated on the first of each month.
Elderly Tax Relief
Applications for the Elderly Tax Abatement Program for seniors 65 and over will be accepted by the Tax Collector no later than May 15th of each year.. Applications for Deferment of Taxes will be accepted no later than May 15.
Copies of the Elderly Ordinance may be obtained from the Tax Collector or call for information on qualification. (203) 222-2696. CLICK HERE for more information on Weston's Tax Relief Programs.
Abatements will be calculated at either 60% or 75% depending on income.
Deferments will be calculated at a rate up to 75% with interest determined by the Selectmen each year.
Freeze taxes will be frozen at amount paid for prior year.
- Beginning JULY 1, 2011, residents may pay their property and automobile taxes on-line with a credit card, debit card or an e-check (ACH/Bank Account Transfer). There is a 3% charge for using your credit/debit card or a $2.00 fee for an ACH/Bank Account Transfer.
- Click on the link below and you will need to accept the agreement.
- On the next page, search by your name, or property address to get your tax information.
- When your property or automobile tax information comes up, you can double click on the bill you wish to just look at or click on the green arrow on the right to make a payment.
- Follow the instructions to make a payment with your credit/debit card or use an e-check. If you have any problems using the new service, please call 203-222-2694 for help.
- If you have questions about your tax information, please call 203-222-2696. Of course, you can always pay your bills as you have in the past by sending a check or coming in person.
CLICK HERE to pay your taxes OnLine!