Fire Marshal's Office
|Fire Marshal||John Pokornyemail@example.com|
The Fire Marshal's Office is open Monday & Wednesday from 9:00am - 4:30 pm.and Thursday afternoon. If you need to see the Fire Marshal, please call or email him to make an appointment as he is often in the field.
Each local Fire Marshal shall inspect each calendar year, in the interest of public safety, all buildings and facilities of public service and all occupancies regulated by the Fire Safety Code within his jurisdiction. The Fire Safety Code covers all occupancies with the exception of one and two family dwellings. The Fire Marshal must be certified by the State Fire Marshal.
The Fire Marshal’s Office is responsible for:
- Investigating the cause, origin and circumstances of all fires within this jurisdiction.
- Issuing permits for the use, transportation and storage of explosives in compliance with the Fire Safety Code.
Enforcing Space Heater Statutes.
Inspecting all vehicles garaged in Weston that transport flammable liquids.
- Inspecting all tents.
- Inspecting all wood-burning appliances in the town and issue a permit when deemed in compliance with safety regulations.
Reviewing all building plans and specifications for various occupancies being proposed within the town, including one and two-family dwellings.
- Homeowner Insurance Information
- Request For Event Fire Standby Duty
- Oil Tank Removal
- Residential Underground Home Heating Oil Tanks FAQ
- Removal Requirements for Underground Oil Storage Tanks
- Guidance for Residential Home Heating Oil Tank Releases
- Burn Permit
- Information on Hazardous Waste Collection Day/Shredding Day